4 Festive Desserts For The Fourth Of July
Contributed by: Sun, Share Lemonade
Even if your July Fourth celebration doesn’t finish with fireworks, your dinner can still end with a bang! Pull out all the stops and wow your guests with one of these red, white and blue desserts.
Star Spangled Flag Cake
1 9×13 white sheet cake (we won’t tell if you use a box mix!)
4 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
6 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 cup blueberries, rinsed and cleaned
2-3 cups of sliced strawberries
- Using a stand mixer, place butter in a bowl and beat on medium-high speed until creamy.
- Reduce speed to medium and add a ½ cup of sugar at a time.
- Add vanilla and salt and beat until smooth.
- Frost prepared sheet cake using an offset spatula. Decorate with blueberries and strawberries to resemble an American flag.
1 prepared angel food cake, cut in cubes
3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups cold milk
8 oz cream cheese, room temp
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
8 oz Cool Whip
2 pints blueberries, rinsed and cleaned
2 pints raspberries, rinsed and cleaned
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk.
- Using a stand mixer with large bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Reduce speed to low and add a ½ cup of sugar at a time. Continue mixing until well combined.
- Add the pudding mix to the cream cheese and sugar mixture and gently fold in by hand. Add in the Cool Whip and continue to gently fold together until well combined.
- In a trifle dish, layer angel food cake, pudding mixture, blueberries and raspberries. No trifle dish? Use medium-size mason jars for individual trifles.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Red, White & Blue Ice Cream Sandwiches
12 chocolate chip or sugar cookies – or a mix of the two!
Vanilla ice cream
Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Sandwich a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies. Roll the cookie in the sprinkles so the sides of the sandwich are coated. The sprinkles should stick easily to the ice cream. Repeat with remaining cookies & ice cream.
- Wrap each sandwich in wax paper and place in the freezer until ready to serve.
Independence Day Fruit Kabobs
12 strawberries, rinsed, cleaned and halved lengthwise
24 blueberries, rinsed and cleaned
24 banana slices
- Thread strawberries, blueberries and bananas onto 6-inch wooden skewers.
- Serve immediately or cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Looking for more good news and inspiration? Check back daily for freshly squeezed Lemonade Stories or visit our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
Contributed by: Amy, Share Lemonade
Fun Ways to Celebrate Without Fireworks This Weekend
4th of July festivities may not include fireworks this year. But, that doesn’t mean America’s favorite party can’t still be big, loud and bright! Looking for some patriotic party inspiration? Here are few fire-free activities to try with your friends and family. Read story »
How to Share
Have AGreat Story.
Big or small, Share Lemonade is about the moments that make an impact and the friends, family and neighbors that make our communities great.
Submit YourGreat Story.
Use the form on the Share Your Story page. Try to keep it positive, accurate and concise; make sure you have the right to use any images included.
See YourGreat Story.
Whether on ShareLemonade.com, our social channels or FOX6, we’re always publishing new stories – so like, follow and check back often!