National Donut Day Is Friday – Here’s Where To Get Your Donut Fix
Contributed by: Sun, Share Lemonade
Calling all donut lovers! Tomorrow – June 5 – is National Donut Day. Raised or cake, plain or filled, topped with sprinkles, nuts or candy … there’s a donut out there to satisfy nearly any craving. Here are seven local spots with donuts so good you’ll want to eat them by the dozen:
- Cranky Al’s – Located at 6901 W. North Ave. in Wauwatosa. You can pick from a variety of raised, filled and cake donuts. Gluten-free and vegan options are also available. Top picks include crullers, vanilla sprinkle and peanut butter filled.
- Donut Monster – Located at 5169 N. Elkhart Ave. in Whitefish Bay. Donut Monster is one of the newest players in the area. Several donuts are based on a brioche-base and filled and topped with delights such as peanut butter, salted caramel, passionfruit or bacon.
- Donut Squad MKE – You can find these donuts in two locations: 2264 N. Prospect Ave. in Milwaukee and 308 W. Broadway Ave. in Waukesha. Donut Squad is all about the toppings, which include everything from nuts and candy to cereal and puppy chow.
- Dunkin’ – This national chain has several locations throughout the Milwaukee area. Whether your craving is raised, glazed, cake or a cruller, you’ll find it at Dunkin’.
- Grebe’s Bakery – Located at 5132 W Lincoln Ave. in West Allis. Grebe’s has been baking fresh donuts daily since 1937. Choose from a variety of raised, cake and filled donuts as well as long johns, crullers and pershians.
- Honeydip Donuts – There are several locations around the Milwaukee area. Founded in Milwaukee in 1975, Honeydip Donuts offers a variety of glazed, cake and filled donuts.
- Krispy Kreme – Located at 2900 S. 108th in West Allis. This long-time chain serves a variety of donuts, including its Original Glazed donut. If you can, get a warm one that’s fresh off the conveyer belt!
Who doesn’t love donuts?! Tell us your favorite type in the comments section below.
Looking for more good news and inspiration? Check back daily for freshly squeezed Lemonade Stories or visit our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
How to Share
Have AGreat Story.
Big or small, Share Lemonade is about the moments that make an impact and the friends, family and neighbors that make our communities great.
Submit YourGreat Story.
Use the form on the Share Your Story page. Try to keep it positive, accurate and concise; make sure you have the right to use any images included.
See YourGreat Story.
Whether on ShareLemonade.com, our social channels or FOX6, we’re always publishing new stories – so like, follow and check back often!