This Brandy Slush Recipe is a Sconnie Summer Staple
Contributed by: Aimee, Share Lemonade
Summertime means fun in the sun and lemonade in the shade – but no backyard barbecue or hammock hangout is complete without the ‘Sconnie staple: Brandy Slush.*
Tea-y, citrus-y and booz-y, make a batch ahead of your summer shindig for a refreshing, party-pleasing treat.
Prep Time: 30 Mins + 48 Hrs to Freeze
Makes 12 servings
- 1-12 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1-12 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 c. white sugar
- 4 bags black tea (Lipton original tea works well)
- 4 c. Brandy (or Bourbon!)
- Lemon-lime soda to finish
- Make a simple syrup. Bring to boil 2 c. sugar and 2. c water; stir until sugar dissolves. Turn off heat.
- Bring to boil 4 c. water. Turn off heat; add tea bags and steep for 10 mins. Remove tea bags.
- To your room-temperature tea, add orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, simple syrup and brandy. Mix to combine.
(NOTE: You can adjust the water to liquor ratio to your tastes.)
- Pour mixture in a gallon Tupperware or ice cream bucket and freeze for 2-3 days.
To serve, combine desired amount of slush mix (2-3 scoops) with crushed ice and top with lemon-lime soda. Talk about, I dunno, Packers football and snowblowers – or something Sconnie like that – and enjoy!
* This recipe does contain alcohol, so please drink responsibly because prison sucks and you might text your ex.
How to Share
Have AGreat Story.
Big or small, Share Lemonade is about the moments that make an impact and the friends, family and neighbors that make our communities great.
Submit YourGreat Story.
Use the form on the Share Your Story page. Try to keep it positive, accurate and concise; make sure you have the right to use any images included.
See YourGreat Story.
Whether on ShareLemonade.com, our social channels or FOX6, we’re always publishing new stories – so like, follow and check back often!