7 Tips to Get Your Best Sleep Ever
Contributed by: Sun, Share Lemonade
You know how everyone is always looking for a magic solution that will improve health, fitness, appearance, concentration and mood – all without lifting a finger? It turns out this solution does exist. The answer is as simple as getting enough sleep.
Everyone is different, but most people need 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep per night. If you find it difficult to get enough shuteye, try making a few changes to your bedtime habits and sleep environment:
- Go to bed and get up at the same time, every day. Remember – you can’t make up lost sleep. Even if you sleep all day on Saturday, it won’t make up for skimping on sleep during the workweek.
- Establish a relaxing bedtime routine. This may include taking a bath or shower, stretching, reading or meditating.
- Remove distractions from the bedroom, such as televisions, tablets and phones, and power down your devices one to two hours before bedtime.
- Keep your bedroom cool, dark and quiet. The National Sleep Foundation recommends keeping your bedroom between 60-67 degrees for optimal sleep.
- Stay away from heavy meals and alcohol in the evening hours.
- Get daily exercise, but avoid working out within three to four hours of your bedtime.
- Limit naps to 20-30 minutes and make sure you don’t take one too close to your bedtime.
Looking for more good news and inspiration? Check back daily for freshly squeezed Lemonade Stories or visit our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
How to Share
Have AGreat Story.
Big or small, Share Lemonade is about the moments that make an impact and the friends, family and neighbors that make our communities great.
Submit YourGreat Story.
Use the form on the Share Your Story page. Try to keep it positive, accurate and concise; make sure you have the right to use any images included.
See YourGreat Story.
Whether on ShareLemonade.com, our social channels or FOX6, we’re always publishing new stories – so like, follow and check back often!