Seven Ways To Keep Kids Active At Home
Contributed by: Sun, Share Lemonade
Tired of hearing your kids say “Mom, I’m bored!”?
Even though Safer at Home is still in effect, your kids don’t have to spend all their time just sitting around. With a bit of creativity, you can help your kids stay active – both physically and mentally – while at home. Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Do household chores together – Helping around the house is a good way to work up a sweat. Have your kids help you wash your car, clean the garage and mop the floors.
- Put your mind to work – Schedule time to do art projects, play board games, work on jigsaw puzzles and read books together. All are great ways to boost creativity and critical thinking skills.
- Create an in-home circuit workout – Set up a few stations around your house and have your kids spend 60 seconds at each one before moving on to the next. These stations might include holding a wall sit, doing sit-ups or running in place.
- Cook a meal together – Look at recipes together and pick something to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Good jobs for kids include cleaning produce or mixing ingredients together.
- Make TV time active time – Use commercial breaks to get moving. For example, everyone watching the show needs to do 10 pushups during every commercial break.
- Plant a garden – Let kids pick out flower or vegetable seeds to plant on a designated plot of land in your yard or in a few larger planters. Make sure they learn when to water and weed their garden to help it reach its full potential.
- Have a family dance party – Create a playlist with your family’s favorite tunes then blast them as you all dance around the house together.
How to Share
Have AGreat Story.
Big or small, Share Lemonade is about the moments that make an impact and the friends, family and neighbors that make our communities great.
Submit YourGreat Story.
Use the form on the Share Your Story page. Try to keep it positive, accurate and concise; make sure you have the right to use any images included.
See YourGreat Story.
Whether on ShareLemonade.com, our social channels or FOX6, we’re always publishing new stories – so like, follow and check back often!