Share Lemonade™ Content Submission Guidelines
We are here to celebrate the good as we are navigating the COVID-19 outbreak. Share Lemonade is a place to celebrate the simple things that bring us together as humans – even while we are apart.
By submitting your content through our online form, you represent that you have read and agree to be bound by these Content Submission Requirements, and you grant us and our partners the right to edit, use, publicly present and alter your content.
Before You Share
- No bummers. We’re looking for uplifting stories of hope, kindness and humanity.
- Every submission is moderated. Once you submit your story, it goes through an editor for a grammar, punctuation and general sanity check.
- Read all of these requirements as you will be legally bound by them. If you have questions or want more information, contact email@example.com.
The Sour List
- No ranting about politics or religion.
- No personal attacks on individuals, identities or organizations.
- No vulgar, adult or otherwise naughty content.
- No made-up stories, fairy tales or poetry.
- No content that infringes upon the intellectual property or right of others.
- No defamatory, derogatory or false information.
The Sweet List
- Keep it positive. There’s more than enough bad news in the world; Share Lemonade is about embracing the good.
- Unless you’re the subject of your story, remove any personally identifiable information. First names or nicknames are generally acceptable.
- Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the Lemonade moments you encounter. And don’t be afraid to talk about the emotional impact they made.
- Articles are always welcome, but so are listicles, slideshows and other content types that you feel will inspire, entertain and uplift our readers.
- Make sure you have the right to use any photos, videos, text, music or other content that you submit.
- Give proper attribution when quoting an individual.
- When using facts or figures, include your source. The use of non-credible sources (i.e. blogs, editorials or highly partisan publications) may prevent publication.
- For a better understanding of the types of stories we’re looking for, spend some time exploring our website. Generally speaking, content falls under these categories:
- Good Works – Businesses, nonprofit organizations and individuals who are making a difference.
- Good Life – Musings and miscellanea celebrating the simple things in life.
- Good Fun – The things that make our lives richer: art, music and culture and entertainment stories.
- Good Eats – Food and drink topics, including restaurants and part.
- Good Health – Stories about health topics, including stress management, mental health, nutrition and fitness.
- Good Buddies – Animal news; good buddies be of any species.
- Good News – Share Lemonade-related news and stories from our partners.
How Share Lemonade Works
- Use the form found on sharelemonade.com to submit your story. Submissions without all of the information required, such as a name, valid phone number and email address, will not get selected.
- After submission, your piece will be reviewed by our editorial team. If they determine that your content is relevant and Share Lemonade-worthy, it may take up to one week before it gets published to the website. You may not be notified if your piece is rejected.
- We may syndicate content on affiliate sites, platforms or apps to increase reach and visibility. By submitting content to Share Lemonade, you grant us the rights to use or monetize your content across these partner channels.
- All decisions of our editorial team are final.
License Grant and Your Representations to Us
- By submitting content to Share Lemonade, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-revocable, transferrable right to use, edit, create derivative works, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, monetize, share and sublicense your content.
- You understand and agree that we may publish your content on the Share Lemonade website, and that our partner channels may also publish your content on other channels, such as television, radio, social media, and other websites.
- You understand that you will not receive any compensation if we use your content and that the opportunity to have your content used and/or shared is sufficient and complete consideration for your participation in the Share Lemonade celebration.
- You represent and warrant that all content you submit to us is owned by you and/or you have the necessary permissions to submit the content to us and grant us the license to use the content as set forth above.
- If any of the content you submit includes personally identifiable individuals and/or individuals under the age of thirteen, you represent and warrant that the person or their parent or legal guardian has provided you with permission to record their likeness and submit the content, and license it to us under the terms of these Content Submission Requirements.
- You represent and warrant that all content you submit is truthful, honest and accurate in all respects.
- You represent and warrant that you have and will continue to adhere to all applicable laws and regulations when submitting content to us.
- You represent and warrant that the content you submit does not: (a) infringe upon the rights of any other person or entity; (b) disparage, defame or place any other person or entity in a false light; or (c) misappropriate or violate any rights of any person or entity.
- You are solely responsible for all third-party claims, liabilities, damages or threats of claims or damages arising from or related to the content you submit to us.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Share Lemonade LLC, The Zizzo Group, Inc., Fox6, and their affiliates, employees, owners, officers, directors, agents and contractors from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or related to your breach of these Requirements, your violation of law, or your violation or threatened violation of any person’s or entity’s rights (including, without limitation, copyright, patent, trade secret, trademark, or other proprietary rights, or publicity, contract, moral, or privacy rights.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any content on our site has been copied or any third-party rights have been violated, please contact us to let us know.
- If we are required to enforce any of the terms of these Requirements against you and/or invoke our rights against you under these Requirements or other applicable law and are successful, you will be responsible for paying all of our costs of enforcement, including (without limitation) all attorney’s fees and costs.
- IN NO EVENT WILL SHARE LEMONADE LLC, THE ZIZZO GROUP, INC., OR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS LICENSEES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF, DELAY IN BEING ABLE TO USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE CONTENT YOU SUBMIT TO US. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- YOU AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US (WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DISPUTE INVOLVES A THIRD PARTY) WITH REGARD TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH US, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF, RELATED TO, OR CONNECTED WITH THESE REQUIREMENTS OR YOUR CONTENT, WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION UNDER THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION’S (“AAA”) RULES FOR ARBITRATION OF CONSUMER-RELATED DISPUTES. YOU AND WE EXPRESSLY WAIVE TRIAL BY JURY AND ANY RIGHT TO BRING CLAIMS AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION.
- Notwithstanding the above agreement to arbitrate disputes, you expressly agree that we may seek relief from the United States District Courts in Wisconsin if you have violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights.
- The laws of the United States and the State of Wisconsin apply to these Requirements.